For the 50th Time...
Teachers and students began the 50th year of classes at North Winneshiek on Wednesday, August 20, 2014. More...
Like on Facebook to receive updated information: North Winneshiek Alumni & Community
More information in the 8.22.14 Weekly Newsletter...
There will be a NW bus in the Mabel Steam Engine Days Parades on Sept. 6 and 7. The goal is to pack it full of students and alumni. If you would like more information, contact Brian Petersonat 387-0330, ex. 103.
The 2014 Yearbooks are in! If you didn't order one and woul like one, we have a few extras on hand. Cost is $15. Contact the office.
If you would like to read the weekly newsletters, you can find them HERE! Or you can arrange to have them emailed to you each week...
2014-15 Calendar Adopted
2014-15 Calendar The North Winn Calendar includes one-hour late starts each Wednesday throughout the school year to allow teachers to participate in regular inservice meetings for professional development.
2014 Annual Progress Report
APR Highlights (See the full Report here...)
On the Iowa Assessments:
· 3-8 grade achievement rates indicate North Winneshiek students are achieving the highest in mathematics, followed by reading, and then science.
· The North Winneshiek School met the Adequate Yearly Progress goals set by the federal government in the following areas.
o Grades 3-5 met the AYP for reading and mathematics.
§ 94.87% of the 3-5 graders were proficient in reading.
§ 89.74% of the 3-5 graders were proficient in mathematics.
o Grades 6-8 met the AYP for reading and mathematics.
§ 73.33% of the 6-8 graders were proficient in reading.
§ 84.44% of the 6-8 graders were proficient in mathematics.
· 100% of North Winneshiek students participated on the Iowa Assessments.
· The North Winneshiek K-8 average daily attendance rate for 2013 was 96.9%.
· The North Winneshiek K-8 average daily attendance rate for 2012 was 97.2%.
· National Grade Equivalents - The grade equivalent describes student performance in terms of grade level months. For example, if a 5th grade student obtains a grade equivalent of 5.4 on the reading score, the student’s score is compared to a student who is at a reading comprehension achievement level of 5th grade 4th month.
Iowa Assessments NGE Composite Scores from January 2014
§ 3rd grade students achieved a 4.2 grade equivalent.
§ 4th grade students achieved a 4.9 grade equivalent.
§ 5th grade students achieved a 6.9 grade equivalent.
§ 6th grade students achieved a 6.8 grade equivalent.
§ 7th grade students achieved a 9.4 grade equivalent.
§ 8th grade students achieved a 9.4 grade equivalent.
Preschool is in session all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. There will not be Monday and Wednesday classes due to smaller numbers.
If you saw it here and now it is gone, look for it on the News page.
The North Winneshiek Community School District does not discriminate in its education programs or educational activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, socio-economic status, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. The Affirmative Action Coordinator is Tim Dugger and can be reached at 563-735-5411.