Missoula Children's Theatre directors will bring their scripts, music, sets, costumes and makeup for the North Winn production of Alice in Wonderland March 13 to 18. All students in grades K-8 are encouraged to participate.
Middle School students will show the results of their work on many projects at Spring Fling 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 2 at North Winn.
Projects include Youth Marketplace, National History Day, international culture, and tectonics (a.k.a. science). In addition, elementary students will create and serve healthy snacks, including smoothies from the Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness bike blender. We also hope to have a "yoga room" with 10-minute introductory lessons in simple chair-yoga stretches.
The final fling of the day will be a student-staff basketball game, 4:30 to 5 p.m. in the school gym.
Students planning to enroll in Driver Education this summer need to be aware of the following information:
1. Summer Driver Education will be July 10 - 21, 2017.
2. Students must obtain a valid Learner's Permit before registering for Driver's Education.
3. Students must be at least 14 years old before the first day of class. Registrations will be accepted according to age with older students and in-district students given first preference.
4. The State of Iowa requires that each student attends and successfully passes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of driving. No absences will be allowed without prior approval. Class will meet from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Monday, July 10, Tuesday, July 11 and Monday, July 17 thru Friday, July 21. Driving time will be scheduled with the instructor.
5. Students may register until Friday, May 5, 2017. Maximum class size will be 30 students.
6. Driver’s Education fees: $245.00 for North Winneshiek district students; $405.00 for out of district students. Payment of one half of the fee and a copy of Learner’s Permit is due with registration. The balance is due on or before the first day of class (July 10, 2017).
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please call Wendy at 735-5411.
Eighth graders act out the final scene of Romeo and Juliet. Click full-screen to see in a larger format.
On March 2, 2017, at 7:00 P.M. the North Winneshiek School Board has invited Margaret Buckton from the Iowa School Finance and Information Services from Des Moines to present information and answer questions about legislative and financial issues affecting North Winneshiek School. The meeting will be held in the North Winneshiek cafeteria.
The North Winneshiek Community School District does not discriminate in its education programs or educational activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, socio-economic status, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
The Affirmative Action Coordinator is Tim Dugger and can be reached at 563-735-5411.