For the 50th Time...
Teachers and students began the 50th year of classes at North Winneshiek on Wednesday, August 20, 2014. More...
Like on Facebook to receive updated information: North Winneshiek Alumni & Community
More information in the 8.22.14 Weekly Newsletter...
2014 Registration for All Students
Registration for all students attending North Winneshiek has been held.
All the forms that you will need to bring to registration...
2014-15 Calendar Adopted
2014 Annual Progress Report
APR Highlights (See the full Report here...)
On the Iowa Assessments:
· 3-8 grade achievement rates indicate North Winneshiek students are achieving the highest in mathematics, followed by reading, and then science.
· The North Winneshiek School met the Adequate Yearly Progress goals set by the federal government in the following areas.
o Grades 3-5 met the AYP for reading and mathematics.
§ 94.87% of the 3-5 graders were proficient in reading.
§ 89.74% of the 3-5 graders were proficient in mathematics.
o Grades 6-8 met the AYP for reading and mathematics.
§ 73.33% of the 6-8 graders were proficient in reading.
§ 84.44% of the 6-8 graders were proficient in mathematics.
· 100% of North Winneshiek students participated on the Iowa Assessments.
· The North Winneshiek K-8 average daily attendance rate for 2013 was 96.9%.
· The North Winneshiek K-8 average daily attendance rate for 2012 was 97.2%.
· National Grade Equivalents - The grade equivalent describes student performance in terms of grade level months. For example, if a 5th grade student obtains a grade equivalent of 5.4 on the reading score, the student’s score is compared to a student who is at a reading comprehension achievement level of 5th grade 4th month.
Iowa Assessments NGE Composite Scores from January 2014
§ 3rd grade students achieved a 4.2 grade equivalent.
§ 4th grade students achieved a 4.9 grade equivalent.
§ 5th grade students achieved a 6.9 grade equivalent.
§ 6th grade students achieved a 6.8 grade equivalent.
§ 7th grade students achieved a 9.4 grade equivalent.
§ 8th grade students achieved a 9.4 grade equivalent.
North Winneshiek is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 pre-school program. Children have to be 4 years of age by Sept. 15 to enroll. Call 563-735-5411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or if you have questions.
Preschool will be in session all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. There will not be Monday and Wednesday classes due to smaller numbers. The first day for preschool will be Thursday, August 28, 2014.
If you saw it here and now it is gone, look for it on the News page.
The North Winneshiek Community School District does not discriminate in its education programs or educational activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, socio-economic status, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. The Affirmative Action Coordinator is Tim Dugger and can be reached at 563-735-5411.