Information is part of the weekly letter about summer swimming lessons at the Decorah swimming pool during the weeks of July 12-21. If you plan to have your child ride the NW bus to swim lessons, this registration and 2 separate checks need to be returned to North Winneshiek no later than April 19th. If they are not riding the bus, you will register with the general public at parks.decorahia.org
Contact Kati Bergey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-450-9556 or Karen Larson at City Hall email@example.com 507-493- 5299 with questions.
There will be a bus to the Spring Grove Swimming Pool on Fridays. More info...
See the complete Mabel Rec Schedule...
Please note that the regular NW Board of Directors meeting dates have been changed from May through August:
Monday, May 15, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
Monday, July 17, 2017
Monday, August 21, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017
North Winners are good sports and so are their teachers. Take a look at the fun...
Members of the NW Sixth Grade class participated in a community service project of Wednesday, April 12. They cleaned up the NW Mustang Garden, removing last year's plant materials and leaves, making way for the daffodils and tulips beginning to bloom.
On May 22, twenty-nine students helped mulch the garden to prepare it for the summer. Thanks to all of the volunteers for moving two truckloads of mulch in record time!
Students planning to enroll in Driver Education this summer need to be aware of the following information:
1. Summer Driver Education will be July 10 - 21, 2017.
2. Students must obtain a valid Learner's Permit before registering for Driver's Education.
3. Students must be at least 14 years old before the first day of class. Registrations will be accepted according to age with older students and in-district students given first preference.
4. The State of Iowa requires that each student attends and successfully passes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of driving. No absences will be allowed without prior approval. Class will meet from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Monday, July 10, Tuesday, July 11 and Monday, July 17 thru Friday, July 21. Driving time will be scheduled with the instructor.
5. Students may register until Friday, May 5, 2017. Maximum class size will be 30 students.
6. Driver’s Education fees: $245.00 for North Winneshiek district students; $405.00 for out of district students. Payment of one half of the fee and a copy of Learner’s Permit is due with registration. The balance is due on or before the first day of class (July 10, 2017).
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please call Wendy at 735-5411.
The committee finished the year by recommending that students and staff implement sections of the School Wellness Policy that covers food eaten outside of school breakfast and lunch.
We are now joining other schools across the country in having school rewards and special events promote healthy habits. We encourage non-food “treats” for special events, but foods that meet Smart Snacks guidelines will be permitted. We regret to say that homemade foods are no longer allowed in school. Ingredients may be brought to school and prepared here.
The North Winneshiek Community School District does not discriminate in its education programs or educational activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, socio-economic status, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
The Affirmative Action Coordinator is Tim Dugger and can be reached at 563-735-5411.